Steak Fajita Torta
Filled with protein, this is a go-to weeknight meal that is finished in under an hour.
- 1 3/4 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 (15.3-ounce) jar HERDEZ® Chipotle Salsa Cremosa, divided
- 6 telera rolls, split
- 1 1/2 cups refried black beans, warmed
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Suggested fillings: sliced jalapenos, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion, cilantro and shredded Romaine lettuce
- Lay steak on cutting board. Make three diagonal slashes in meat, about 1/2-inch thick on both sides. Place in plastic bag. Add 1 cup HERDEZ® Chipotle Salsa Cremosa. Shake bag to evenly distribute the marinade. Set aside 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Remove steak from plastic bag; discard marinade. Place steak on grill; cook 15 minutes, turning over after 8 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Spread rolls on both sides with HERDEZ® Chipotle Salsa Cremosa. Spread a layer of refried beans on one side of each roll and place a layer of sliced avocado on the other side. Divide sliced steak and suggested fillings evenly among rolls. Serve warm with additional HERDEZ® Chipotle Salsa Cremosa, as desired.