Tacos Ahogados with Pipian
A different way of eating tacos
- 1/2 cup DOÑA MARÍA® Pipian
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 pound shredded Rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 radish, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh cheese
- In large stock pot over medium heat combine DOÑA MARÍA® Pipian and vegetable broth. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Take one tortilla add ¼ cup of shredded chicken, roll tortilla tightly and secure with toothpick; repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium to high heat. Fry tacos 2 minutes or until golden, flip and fry 1 more minute.
- Serve Pipan mixture into two soup bowls, add 4 tacos in each.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomato, onion and radish. Sprinkle with cheese.