- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 cup oil, divided
- Salt and dry oregano to taste
- ½ cup lard
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 1 (8.25-ounce) jar DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Pipian
- 16 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat ½ cup oil. Cook onions 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent. Season to taste with salt and oregano.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat remaining ½ cup oil and lard. Add beans; cook 3 to 5 minutes, mashing with back of spoon, until combined. Add DOÑA MARÍA® Pipian. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Season to taste with salt.
- Place half of the cooked onions in a medium size basket lined with plastic food wrap. Fill tortillas with bean mixture. Fold and place filled tacos in basket on top of onions. Top tacos with jalapenos and remaining onions.
- Seal plastic food wrap over tacos. Cover basket with a cloth. Let tacos rest to steam for 30 minutes.