- 10 figs
- 1 pound chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chile chipotle
- ½ (4.125 – ounces) jar DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 cup of cold margarine or butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- In small pot, with vegetable oil over high heat, add chopped onion and minced garlic until cooked.
- Add DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole and chicken broth, cook over medium heat for 4 minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Add the shredded chicken breast, heat over low heat for 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste and reserve.
For the Pastry
- Mix the flour with margarine and salt. Combine with fingers until crumb texture is formed.
- Add water and mix until dough forms, add flour and roll it out until round shape is formed.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1/2 hour. You can also leave it overnight.
- Heat oven to 375ºF and place wax paper on cookie sheet.
- Take 2/3 dough and roll it out to make a circle that doesn’t exceeds 11-inches. Place dough on the counter, roll it onto the rolling pin and unroll it from the rolling pin onto the mold.
- Place wax paper on dough and add beans Onto wax paper to cook the dough for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 375ºF
- Withdraw after 25 minutes and add the mixture of figs, chicken, and mole.
- Roll out the rest of the dough and make ½ inch ribbons to cover the cake, creating a plot.
- Brush the pastry with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar and just bake in the oven for 20 additional minutes.