- 6 plantains chopped into 1½ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup panela cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cotija cheese
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 (2.75 – ounces) Jar DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In baking tray, place plantains without skin. Broil for 30-40 minutes, flip halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven, mash with flour until homogeneous paste formed. Add salt and pepper.
- From mash mixture, form ball in hand, fill with panela cheese and squash.
- In medium skillet, fry on both sides. Place pancakes on kitchen paper, remove excess fat.
- In small pot, pour DOÑA MARÍA® Mole and vegetable broth. Heat over low heat, for 4 minutes until mixture integrated.
- Pour DOÑA MARÍA® Mole on a plate, place pancakes, top with cream, cheese, and red onion.