- 5 medium Idaho Russet potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1 pound shredded Colby Jack cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoon butter, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked Paprika, chives and bacon bits for garnish, if desired
- Chives and bacon bits
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Rub potatoes with oil; sprinkle with salt.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet. Using fork tines, pierce potatoes a few times. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl mix together sour cream, diced chiles, half of the shredded cheese and butter.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out centers of potatoes and add to sour cream mixture, using potato masher to create a smooth even mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scoop potato mixture back in potato skins and place them on a sheet pan. Add remaining cheese to top.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly and potatoes are warmed.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, chopped chives and bacon bits, if desired.