- 15 medium sized jalapeño peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 packet CHI-CHI’S® Taco Seasoning
- 15 slices bacon, divided
- 1. Heat oven to 400ºF
- 2. Slice each jalapeño pepper in half, then remove the ribs and seeds. (for spicier poppers, leave some of the seeds in)
- 3. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, and taco seasoning and mix till well combined.
- 4. Fill each pepper half with the cheese mixture. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- 5. Wrap each popper in a half strip of bacon, using a toothpick to hold the bacon in place.
- 6. Place the wrapped poppers on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until bacon is crispy and brown.