Chicken Taco Tortilla Soup
Dive into this chicken taco tortilla soup taste buds first. It's a Mexican-inspired soup with a perfect spicy, satisfying flavor.
- 4 CHI-CHI’S® Fajita Style tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) jar CHI-CHI’S® Thick & Chunky Salsa Mild
- 3 cubes chicken-flavored bouillon
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package CHI-CHI’S® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place tortilla strips on baking sheet; lightly coat strips with cooking spray.
- Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, stir together water, salsa, bouillon, and taco seasoning over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, beans, and corn to saucepan. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until soup is hot and flavors are blended.
- Ladle into warm bowls; top with tortilla crisps.
- Garnish with sour cream, if desired.