Salsa Mac and Cheese Bites
Served as a side dish or baked into party bites, this isn’t your typical boxed mac & cheese occasion. Homemade mac & cheese with an extra side of spice.
- 1 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup LA VICTORIA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 12 slices LA VICTORIA® Nacho Sliced Jalapenos, from a (12-ounce) jar, if desired
- Salt to taste
- Cooking spray or paper liners
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare macaroni noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- In large bowl, combine cooked macaroni, butter, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, Fontina, yogurt, egg and salsa. Mix well.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper baking liners. Pack each cup with noodle mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and top with one sliced jalapeno if desired.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool 3 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve with remaining LA VICTORIA® salsa for dipping.