- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 4-6 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 packet of CHI-CHI’S® Taco Seasoning
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of CHI-CHI’S® Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium
- 1 1/2 cups of Mexican rice (substitute white rice if preferred)
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the ground beef, stirring in the taco seasoning, until cooked through.
- While the meat cooks, hold the bell peppers with stem facing up, slice each one horizontally around the top, and remove stem and seeds from inside.
- When the meat is almost finished, add the corn, black beans, and salsa and mix till well combined.
- Remove from heat and combine with the Mexican rice and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the mixture until nearly full, then top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until peppers are soft and cheese is browned.