Kick up your queso game a notch with our Party Queso. It is loaded with chorizo, caramelized onions and bell peppers. Serve it with tortilla chips or vegetables.
- 2 jars CHI-CHI’S® Salsa con Queso
- 6-ounces pork chorizo
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 small sweet onions, julienned
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tomato, diced
- Crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Serve with:
- Tortilla chips
- In medium saucepan, cook chorizo on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes, or until meat browns.
- Remove chorizo from pan, set aside.
- In same pan, add red and green bell peppers. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter and oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, cook 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, continue cooking additional 20 minutes on low-medium heat. If onions start to crisp or char, turn heat down. Continue cooking, if needed, until onions turn golden and soft. Remove onions and set aside.
- In medium pot, add CHI-CHI’S® Salsa con Queso and heat on medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until hot. Stir occasionally to ensure queso does not stick or burn.
- Stir in chorizo, peppers, caramelized onions.
- Garnish with tomatoes, cheese, and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips and vegetables.