- 3-pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1 cup CHI-CHI’S® Salsa Verde Mild
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bag CHI-CHI’S® Authentic Tortilla Chips
- 1-2 cups prepared carnitas
- ¼ cup jarred jalapenos, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- CHI-CHI’S® Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Let meat come to room temperature.
- In small bowl, combine salt, chili powder, pepper, Mexican oregano, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Rub pork shoulder with mustard. Generously rub in seasoning mixture.
- In slow cooker, add onion to bottom. Place meat on top.
- Add CHI-CHI’S® Salsa Verde Mild, chicken broth, orange juice, lime juice, minced garlic and bay leaf to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- After 7 hours and 30 minutes, remove meat from crockpot and place on cutting board. Remove onions from crockpot and discard.
- Shred pork and return to crockpot. Keep warm for additional 30 minutes.
- On sheet pan, spread bag of CHI-CHI’S® Authentic Tortilla Chips.
- Add prepared carnitas, jalapenos and cheese.
- Broil on low for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with all pico de gallo and cilantro. Serve with CHI-CHI’S® Thick & Chunky Salsa Medium, guacamole and sour cream and lime wedges.