- 3 cups shredded, coked chicken breast
- 1 canned whole kernel corn with green and red peppers
- 2 tablespoons CHI-CHI’S® Jalapeño Wheels, diced
- 1/2 package of CHI-CHI’S® Taco Seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (16-ounce) jar of CHI-CHI’S® Fiesta Salsa Verde
- Heat oven to 400ºF
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except the pie crusts and mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, corn, jalapenos, taco seasoning, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and salt.
- Unroll crusts on work surface. With a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut rounds from each crust.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons over half of each round to within 1/4 -inch of edge. Fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place the sealed empanadas on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set for another 5 minutes. Serve with Fiesta Salsa Verde.